Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Widi finds yoga good for health

Tue, 11/25/2008 7:24 AM | People

WIDI: (JP/Ricky Yudhistira)WIDI: (JP/Ricky Yudhistira)

JAKARTA: A move by Malaysia to ban yoga has failed to deter singer-actress Widi AB Three.

The singer, who started practicing yoga before the birth of her baby boy in May this year, said she would continue to practice yoga because of its benefit to her health.

“I don’t want to get involved in religious issues but I have felt many advantages of practicing yoga for my health, so why shouldn’t I continue practicing it?” the singer said Monday.

She was responding to the possibility that yoga could be banned for Indonesian Muslims following the move by Malaysia’s National Fatwa Council to issue an edict banning Muslims from practicing yoga. The council argued the Indian physical exercise contained elements of Hinduism and could corrupt Muslims.

“I think our relationship with God is a personal matter. Every single person has their own space for God in their heart. I have seen no problem with practicing yoga.” —JP/Matheos V. Messakh

No comments: